Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dilemma

I have a freaking dilemma. Not a very big dilemma but a dilemma nonetheless. I want another dog. I'd prefer it to be older, fixed, housebroken etc. My Molly is 13 months old and is just nice and easy now. It's like going from having a baby to a 6 year old. Anyway, I have been searching and searching through like the driving distance states, because God knows there's nothing in this place. Anway, I found a Brussels Griffon. Now these are ugly dogs. They remind me of Ewoks. But now it's me so WHY would *I* have a normal dog? I have a naked cat. Well used to have two but I had to put one down. Freaks the hell out of anyone that walks in the door. (I'm too lazy to post pictures today).

So... I found an Ewok dog that is 5 years old, retired show dog and it's FREE!!!! FREE! A free dog like that is damn hard to come by! The only thing is that I'd have to have her spayed. Granted that I wouldn't NOT have her spayed. I deal with my own monthly shit why would I want to deal w/ a dogs ya know? Anyway, I've been searching for another "Molly". She's a Cavalier King Charles/ Cocker Spaniel mix. She is beautiful! (Her designer name is a Cockalier.) I have looked ALL over for one. Do you THINK I can find one? Hell no. The ones that I do find are like HOURS and STATES away from me. Damn it. Anyway, I finally found some that are like 10 1/2 hours away from me. Only their puppies.

Last week I stopped at the bar w/ George and some of his co-workers and he tells me about a co-worker that brought baby chihuahua's into work. They're for sale. One was taken (and being delivered which was why they were there). Now George is not an animal person. He's really not. He means well but just not an animal lover. He likes his life the way it is and a dog or whatever would only complicate it more. Ya whatever. So anyway, he's telling me about these puppies and how cute they are etc. Before he like forbid me to get a chi bc they're the ugliest dogs. Again-- whatever. So his co-worker goes to get his camera and shows me the pics of the pups. My heart was sold. I WANTED one of them in the WORST way. He was all for it (I'm sure the alcohol helped) and said we could go look at them on Sat. The more I thought about it Saturday morning, now Molly is about 25lbs and this chi would be smaller than her head. Does that make sense? Would they even be able to play together? The dog would be smaller than my cat. Ok, I decided it wasn't a wise choice. (Saved me $400 which was nice.)

Ok so back to the Cockalier puppies. Oh wait no, I was emailing these people back about the Brussels Griffon, I've been waiting all day to hear back from them to see how big she is etc. Well in the meantime I get an meail back from the girl w/ the Cockalier puppies that's 10 1/2 hours away. I had emailed her to see how far she was from a place that my boss is visiting next Monday/Tuesday. She's an hour and a half away BUT her neice is in the hospital where my boss will be and has been traveling there quite a bit. UGH!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!!??! So I finally sucked it up and called her. I got her boyfriend as she was still at work. There were TEN puppies in the litter and I could hear them in the background!!!!!!!!!! FUCK ME!!!!!!!!! Made me want one even more. Do I want to go through the housebreaking again? Not really. Molly was HORRIBLE to housebreak. HORRIBLE. As in like it took me about 10 months. WTF?! Anyway, these puppies are only $250. I paid like $400 for Molly, so in my eyes it's quite a deal. Right!? I called George and told him about my dilemma and he's like all anti-dog now and doens't think I should get one or wait till the cat dies and then get one (Mork is 3 years old-- lots of life left in him). He HATES the cat. Like seriously HATES the cat. But you know, we dont' live together and I'm not getting rid of him so whatever.

Ok, so here are the questions I'm asking myself--

Do I want to housebreak again? What do I do when I have Molly outside of the kennel all day long and have to leave the puppy in the kennel because I'm housebreaking her? Do I section off a portion of the house that has tile and leave them in there?

Do I spend the $250 on her if it all works out and have my boss bring her back for me? I could really use the money on something else but I think Molly needs a playmate and I'd rather get it now than the summertime bc then she'll be half ass housebroken by then and it'll be easier to leave her home when I'm out galavanting bc its summertime.

George doesn't want me to get her. Doesnt' think I need another one, one is good enough. What do you think? Is two better than one? Or is it me "thinking" that she needs a playmate?

Ugh. I'm stuck and I have less than a week to decide!!!!! Granted that no, George and I do NOT live together so ti's MY house and his opinion really shouldn't matter but he keeps giving me reasons as to WHY I dont need another one.

What to do? What to do?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tequila and Tampons said...

Does Molly *seem* like she wants a friend? I know my one dog is very anti-another dog in the house. She was very perturbed by Cerveza. Cerveza, on the other hand, would have *had* to have had a playmate - but my one cats serves that purpose. Do Molly & Mork get along? IDK - I'm wanting another pup too, but you're right, small dogs are a freaking PAIN to housebreak!! Big dogs - no problem! Gah. I waited until my one dog was quite a bit older tho so that I could focus on the new one. Tejah knows her place in the family, she doesn't hate C or try to maim him or anything, lol. She's mellow. IDK what I would do with two C's tho, lmfao! Tornado!

Lolita said...

A friend of mine has THREE jack russel/ chi mixes! OMG are they cute!!! Willis, Rhythm & Blue. They are adorable! I'll have to send you a picture of them!